Saturday, February 11, 2012

Anniversary

Today is my wedding anniversary. It’s kinda funny to note that today is the day, many years ago, I got married, but I no longer increment the years, even in my head. Yup, I was married for 25 years, and today is the anniversary, but I don’t even know how many years ago that was.


Damnit, now I want to do the math… Ha!

It is an auspicious day in my life. Although it’s over, my marriage was central in making me into myself. Honestly, I cannot imagine what my life would be like if I hadn’t gotten married. Today, I looked through some old pictures of travels with Teri, some pictures of the boys, and some family adventures. Teri and I traveled a lot together—nearly all of the adventurous things in my life I owe to her. Shark diving! Sailing in the South Pacific and the Caribbean! Eating satay and peanut sauce in a market in Singapore! Cuba Libres with sweet Belizean rum on Water Cay.
New Caledonia 2001

Fiji 2007
Key West 2006

We are no longer married, each with lives of our own. But there is no denying we have a past together. I will be toasting Teri and my family today!

No comments:

Post a Comment