Wednesday, April 3, 2013

springy

The other day, I pulled into my driveway and noticed all the Indian hawthorn bushes in my yard were blooming, pink and pale lavender. Bees everywhere. 

I picked up some tomato plants at Costco and potted them. I would like to put in another half dozen plants in my garden, but these potted few pretty much guarantee I'll be making bruschetta by summer.

Aphids are munching on my many bamboo plants, so they needed a good blasting with the hose.

Last Saturday, the sun was shing and my backyard looked very inviting, so I got some sun.

Spring is here! 

(I'm glad no one on the East Coast reads this stuff. They have fresh snow. The closest thing to snow in my life is crushed ice in a cocktail). 

The spring air is full of promise, this year. Everywhere I look, I see plants eager to do their thing. For me, work, although very hectic for a while, is busy and almost fun again. (Recession was icky). Just a couple of weeks and I'll be taking some vacation time on Safari in the Virgin Islands. Although we've made plans for the full moon party at Bomba Shack, on Tortola, the rest of the week is blissfully open--that is so unlike me not to have an itinerary mapped out! I'm blaming Spring Fever this morning...




I think from here on out, when someone mentions a season, any season, I'm going to say, "Oh, that's my favorite time of year!"

No comments:

Post a Comment