Wednesday, November 5, 2014

again


This time of year is all about the small things for me. Wow! Did I just close the window before going to bed last night? It's been a while. That was a couple of weeks ago. A few days later, I woke to fog--inland fog. I rode my bike to work that day. Gloves tomorrow, I told myself. By 10 AM, I went outside to find the sun shining and the temperature rising. I must have imagined the fog, I thought. The following morning, the gloves were a good call.

As a Southern Californian, I know a secret that other folks do not. "What do you know about the seasons? You are in Los Angeles--it is summer all the time!" Well, I think to myself, I'm not in Maryland, where Fall is color-coded, like Garanimals. Seriously, do you need autumn to slap you in the face and ask, "who's ya momma?!" In winter, we Southern Californians are quiet. New Yorkers, among millions of others, will scoff at us. "Winter!?! Let me tell you about winter! Snow up to my bahoogies, I tells ya!"


Ummm, duh.


The fact is, I don't need ice cubes touching my bits to know when winter arrives. Likewise, Nature puts on a technicolor display in New England. I think she suspects no one would notice anything subtle. I would. I'm the guy that just put a bedspread on my bed for the first time in months. Yes, Mother Nature, I feels ya...

No comments:

Post a Comment